I have been blogging for a little over 7 months now and have yet to set myself any blogging goals.
Goals are important things to set for oneself in every aspect of life, in my opinion. They give you something to be accountable for, something to work towards, and they can help get you excited for what is to come. Goals help you work harder and smarter.
So I better get my booty in gear!
Since I am new to this I am going to start with monthly goals rather than yearly goals. After All I haven’t been blogging for a year yet! How can I possibly Know what a full year can do for my blog?
So, this month I am going to set 5 goals for myself. I hesitate to start this month, as I think I still have a full month of “morning” sickness left, which has definitely effected my ability to blog as I would like to.
However I need to start somewhere!
- Increase Twitter following by 1000– I currently have 3,188 followers on twitter. By then end of this month, I hope to have 4,500 followers. 5,000 has been a big goal of mine since I realized how important social media was, so getting withing 500 of that goal would be a huge plus for me!
- Engage with Pinterest daily to increase my reach and my following-I constantly hear that pinterest is a huge driver for blogs. This month I plan to engage with pinterest for at least 10 minutes a day and follow at least 10 other bloggers per day to help increase my own following.
- Link up with other blogs using Linkies daily– For the last month I have been so ill that I haven’t been able to engage with other bloggers link-ups the way that I normally do. I would like to re-connect with these linkies starting this week. HOWEVER- I am going to be a bit more selective. I have, in the past connected with around 20 linkies per week. In the world of linkies some are much more productive than others, and since i am in this blogging game to be productive myself, I need to spend my time on the ones that will help me out the most.
- Engage with Facebook groups geared toward helping blogs and social media– I am a part of a lot of facebook groups geared toward helping bloggers. Yet I only really engage with one lately. While this particular group is super helpful and amazing, I would like to spend this month checking out the worth of the a few of the other groups I am part of and begin engaging with the ones that I think will really help my blog.
- Focus on Affiliates at least once daily– I have been so focused on growing my following so that affiliates might be attracted to my site, that I have spent very little time actually engaging with affiliates. I have a small group of affiliates that I follow but don’t always apply to. This month I am going to widen my affiliate base and apply to at least 5 paid opportunities per week.
I am a little daunted by these goals, I have to admit! Having put them out there I will report next month on how I did, therefore I could end up looking like a real fool. But let’s stay positive!
March is gonna be great!
What are your blogging goals? Do you have goals you would suggest I add to my list?