The holidays are approaching fast and you know what that means! Worrying about fitting into that New Years dress after all the fabulous food at parties, work event, and family get together’s? I know I do. Start your fitness routine now and your body will thank you.
Here are 10 things you need to get your fitness routine started or to just give it a boost!
1. DVD’s- I hate going to the gym. It’s so time consuming and you’re on display to everyone else there. I prefer to do my workouts from home. These are some great beginner DVD’s to get you started.
Cindy Whitmarsh is one of my favorite trainers, You can find her on youtube too, but this book is great place to start!
UltraFit: Challenging Workouts – Amazing Results (Book & DVD) by Whitmarsh, Cindy (2006) Paperback
This workout by Jillian is the very best for a wide range of fitness levels! I started it 6 years ago and still use it today!
Jillian Michaels – 30 Day Shred
2. For those of you that already have a decent amount of fitness going on, these next DVD’s are great for you! I love Gymra, who sponsors the trainer in each of these workouts, Cristine Curry. She kicks some serious ass so be ready to sweat and hurt! And did I mention they are under $4!!!???
3. Another great way to shake up your workout is to try a different style! Check out these fabulous kettle-bell workouts!
4. With all these great workouts to choose from, you’re gonna need some equipment if you don’t already own some! Let’s start with some basic, low weight dumb-bells. I am an advanced exerciser and I still use these for many of my workouts!
5. Next you will need some kettle-bells. These links will take you to Amazon where you can choose which weight works best for you. I would suggest starting with 10-12# and moving up from there.
6. Jumping rope is one of the best fitness conditioners and very effective for shedding unwanted pounds or for preparing to gain a few extra!
7. Obviously with all this exercise you will be looking HOT and will need some fab tops to show off your super fit self….
8. And you need some cute workout pants to go with your hot shirts!
PSST!!! These are my FAVORITE!!!
9. Every mom NEEDS yoga pants….
10. BRA’S!! Hold in those boobies while you bounce around and get fit with these fab devices!
Beownwear Women’s Wireless Moving Comfort Sports Bra (M, Black)
Zerlar Double Layer Seamless Sports Bra High Impact Racerback Yoga Sports Bra
SYROKAN Women’s High Impact Full Support Workout Powerback Yoga Sports Bra Top Black & White XXL