Welcome to Fabulous Amazon Fridays! I love sharing my expertise and personal style, and what better way to do that than through one of the largest online shopping networks available today!
This is the very first week of this fabulous feature and I have chosen to share my absolute FAVORITE children’s books! While all of my children love these books they are mostly geared towards the younger kiddos, age 5 and below.
Without further ado, here are my fav preschool books!
- Good Morning, Goodnight By Piggy Toes Press– This adorable books takes children through greeting a variety of animals as they wake up and play and then helps them say goodnight. It is also a super soft touch and feel book to get some sensory action out of the reading experience as well.
2. Where’s Spot? By Warne – This classic board book has been a favorite for all of our children and is continually enjoyed even by our oldest who has long outgrown this level of reading. Everyone loves the “lift the flap” format that allows children to help find Spot, the ornery little puppy hiding from his mama.
3. The Pigeon Needs A Bath By Mo Willems – This funny tale follows a stubborn, and very dirty pigeon who is desperate to avoid bath time, only find that he loves baths more than anything he has ever done.
The Pigeon Needs a Bath!
4. Just Go To Bed By Mercer Meyer – Little Critter books are a favorite for my husband and I and our children. The stories are short and adorable and the pictures keep our kiddos engaged and smiling. Just Go To Bed is one of our favorites as it is a great bedtime story and often describes our bedtime conundrum to a “T”.
Just Go to Bed (Little Critter) (Pictureback(R))
5. The Napping House By Audrey Wood – This beloved picture book chronicles the nap-time habits of a very special home, but perhaps the best part, the part that will keep your children giggling all day, is how the people and creatures of this home wake each other up.
The Napping House
6. The Belly Button Book By Sandra Boynton – Sandra Boyntons books always make me smile and keep my little ones happy and engaged as well. Her wonderful sing-song rhymes are pleasing to the ear and, for this book, who doesn’t love belly buttons and hippos?
Belly Button Book (Boynton on Board)
7. Moo, Baa, LALALA By Sandra Boynton- Yet another Sandra Boynton book that I love to read is Moo, Baa, LALALA. It cracks me up each time. Young children learn animal sounds and have fun imitating and rhyming along with you.
Moo Baa La La La
8. Pout Pout Fish By Deborah Diesen – This is another great rhyming book that tells teh tale of glum little fish who discovers his true destiny isn’t to be “pouty.”
The Pout-Pout Fish
9. Three Little Dinosaurs by Charles Fuge – This is story of Scratch, Lofty, and Sniff, three little dinosaurs who are desperate to learn to fly. By 3 year old had us read it multiple times a day for at least 3 months…and honestly i never really got tired of reading it to him, or of seeing his face light up when I got it out for him.
Three Little Dinosaurs
10.Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney – This sotry of a daddy and baby hare is precious and oh so lovely. I think I enjoy the the love of the two characters more than my children who enjoy the back and forth playful banter between the two regarding who loves the other more.
Guess How Much I Love You
Please let me know if you enjoy these books as much as my family does! Each and everyone has a special place on our bookshelf and we read them all regularly, I hope you find them exceptional as well!
*I receive a commission for anything purchased through the links provided. HOWEVER, my opinions and recommendations are my own and are not based on any retailer’s endorsement or guidance.