The making of life is an event for celebration and awe. More often than not, however, we become so embroiled in the discomfort that pregnancy brings throughout all 9 months (check out my article “5 Things You Didn’t Expect About Morning Sickness“), that we forget the side effects of baby creation that are pretty amaze-balls! Continue reading “5 Pregnancy Side Effects to Fall in Love With”
Ah, morning sickness; because labor and delivery are so easy at the end of pregnancy SOMEONE (we won’t name names) decided that us women should have to go through a bit of a rough patch at the beginning of pregnancy to make up for it.
If you didn’t already know, “morning” sickness is a ginormous pile of crap. Whoever came up with that name is a wretched liar and should have horrible diarrhea for a long period of time…like 3 months at least.
Morning sickness is a term that refers to the constant, all day, all night nausea that accompanies the first three months of pregnancy. Glorious. NOT just the morning, people!
Lucky for us, or we would never get pregnant, whoever coined the term “morning sickness” didn’t know what he was talking about. He also forget to mention all the other wonderful things a woman can expect in the first trimester….
- Saint Bernard Syndrome- You thought drool would only be an issue when the baby was actually born? Think again and let the water works begin! As if barfing up a storm wasn’t bad enough, you can also expect to excrete massive amounts of saliva that make you want to spit like a camel or, you guessed it, vomit some more!
- Gas- All those hormones rolling around your tummy are not only creating nausea on a massive scale, they are also building up burps and farts that can clear entire rooms! If my husband wasn’t already disgusted with my constant puking and lack of hygiene due to exhaustion, he pretty much wants to sleep downstairs with the noxious fumes my baby filled body can now emit. I must admit, I’m slightly proud….
- Pooping Problems- Have you ever had a poop the size, shape, and consistency of a baseball? Well get ready because horrible constipation is one awesome side effect of the first trimester. Let me tell you, it hurts! It also contributes to extra nausea, cause you’re obviously feeling just a little TOO good during this period.
- The Food Conundrum- When you get the stomach flu, you don’t eat right? Thus, nausea should always mean you don’t want food? Welcome to pregnancy, where if you don’t eat for too long, you get nauseous, if you eat the wrong thing, you throw up, and if you eat too much you barf your guts out. Don’t get too excited when you finally find a food that seems to work for your belly, either….you’ll projectile vomit that right back up tomorrow.
- Erratic Temperature Issues– I’m freaking freezing ALL the damn time! Even when I have gone through the first trimester in the warm summer months, I have found myself constantly colder than usual. It’s obnoxious! What’s even worse, is if I happen to be able to warm up I will quickly get too hot…. HOT= VOMIT…. FREEZING= SHIVERING= VOMIT….So basically you’re going to be the world’s most miserable wretch for 3 months…YEAY!
With all this to look forward to, it truly is amazing that we ever allow men anywhere near us…until we see an adorable little bundle of pink or blue at the store and we forget the horror our bodies will go through and demand our own bundle IMMEDIATELY!
Morning sickness does have it’s perks….
More Sickness = More Hormones = Healthier Pregnancy
…I guess I can take 3 months of hell to insure a wiggling bundle of happy, healthy baby at the end.
There are a lot of busy people out there who are trying to increase the healthy side of their lives. This can be difficult, however, when you are constantly on the GO!
As a mother of five with the 4H fair season approaching, baseball practice starting for 2 of my kids, plus school trips, projects, and my own work schedule to pack in, I know how easy it is to jump on the burger and fry, drive through bandwagon. Continue reading “5 Tricks To Eating Healthy On The Go”
Welcome to Workout Wednesday #10! I can’t believe we have already made it to March 2017!
Hopefully your fitness goals for this year are coming along nicely! Sadly, my own goals have gone off track a bit as I have found out I am pregnant another baby and have a wretched case of morning sickness that lasts all day! Vomiting and working out are a big ole faux pax so I am taking some time off until the wretching ceases.
However, that doesn’t mean I am stopping the workout motivation! I can’t wait to get back into the fitness saddle so I am keeping up with Workout Wednesday’s!
This week I am bringing you a 10 minute, body weight workout. That means no dumbbells, no kettlebells, no bars. Just you and a tiny bit of your time! Continue reading “Workout Wednesday #10: 10 Minute Body Weight Workout”
I have been blogging for a little over 7 months now and have yet to set myself any blogging goals.
Goals are important things to set for oneself in every aspect of life, in my opinion. They give you something to be accountable for, something to work towards, and they can help get you excited for what is to come. Goals help you work harder and smarter.
So I better get my booty in gear!
Since I am new to this I am going to start with monthly goals rather than yearly goals. After All I haven’t been blogging for a year yet! How can I possibly Know what a full year can do for my blog?
So, this month I am going to set 5 goals for myself. I hesitate to start this month, as I think I still have a full month of “morning” sickness left, which has definitely effected my ability to blog as I would like to.
However I need to start somewhere!
- Increase Twitter following by 1000– I currently have 3,188 followers on twitter. By then end of this month, I hope to have 4,500 followers. 5,000 has been a big goal of mine since I realized how important social media was, so getting withing 500 of that goal would be a huge plus for me!
- Engage with Pinterest daily to increase my reach and my following-I constantly hear that pinterest is a huge driver for blogs. This month I plan to engage with pinterest for at least 10 minutes a day and follow at least 10 other bloggers per day to help increase my own following.
- Link up with other blogs using Linkies daily– For the last month I have been so ill that I haven’t been able to engage with other bloggers link-ups the way that I normally do. I would like to re-connect with these linkies starting this week. HOWEVER- I am going to be a bit more selective. I have, in the past connected with around 20 linkies per week. In the world of linkies some are much more productive than others, and since i am in this blogging game to be productive myself, I need to spend my time on the ones that will help me out the most.
- Engage with Facebook groups geared toward helping blogs and social media– I am a part of a lot of facebook groups geared toward helping bloggers. Yet I only really engage with one lately. While this particular group is super helpful and amazing, I would like to spend this month checking out the worth of the a few of the other groups I am part of and begin engaging with the ones that I think will really help my blog.
- Focus on Affiliates at least once daily– I have been so focused on growing my following so that affiliates might be attracted to my site, that I have spent very little time actually engaging with affiliates. I have a small group of affiliates that I follow but don’t always apply to. This month I am going to widen my affiliate base and apply to at least 5 paid opportunities per week.
I am a little daunted by these goals, I have to admit! Having put them out there I will report next month on how I did, therefore I could end up looking like a real fool. But let’s stay positive!
March is gonna be great!
What are your blogging goals? Do you have goals you would suggest I add to my list?
Another month has rolled around and we are saying goodbye to February! Which means it is time to introduce March’s featured trainer!
This month I have chosen a woman who has been a personal favorite of mine for over 5 years; Tiffany Rothe. Continue reading “Workout Wednesday’s #9: March Featured Trainer- Tiffany Rothe!”
Babies are always a blessing!
New life, new love, tiny toes….There is nothing about babies that doesn’t make me smile. It’s also so exciting to see the reactions of those you love when you tell them about your coming bundle of joy! Continue reading “Babies Are ALWAYS A Blessing: Smile For The Reveal”
The past 6 months, really the last year, has filled America with a certain anger and hatred that I never thought I would see.
I have seen my most tolerant friends attack entire groups of people for not supporting the right person, I have watched strangers spew hatred at each other and seen families let politics come between them.
This is not a political post; I despise politics. I bring it up only because the last year has really made me question humanity; people who decide to create hate over a single mark on a ballot rather judge a person by the content of their character and actions in every day life. I have been sad, and a little scared by how ruthless people have shown themselves to be.
It took a baby and stranger who desperately needed help, to assuage my fears that our country would fall apart based on a vote; that people are more than their political rants and ravings. Continue reading “Sharing Love With A Stranger: Humanity May Prevail After All”